Do not delay in making VISA arrangements for entry into the United States if needed. Such arrangements are the responsibility of attendees and other participants and may take up to a few months.
HOW TO OBTAIN A VISA
Complete information on how to apply for a VISA to enter the US can be found on the U. S. Department of State’s website, https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/visit.html
- A step-by-step outline of U.S. Visa application procedures: https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/general/visa-wizard.html
- More information on the Visa process and a glossary of related-terms: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/general/a-z.html
VISA ASSISTANCE FROM IEEE COMMUNICATIONS SOCIETY
TECHNICAL PROGRAM AND WORKSHOP PAPER AUTHORS
Authors needing VISA Assistance letters can download them from EDAS
- Log into EDAS site, and find your paper.
- Toward the bottom of the page, you will find in the properties column the words “visa letter”, and beside it, an image of an envelope outlined in yellow.
- Click on this envelope, and you will be able to confirm or change your address information reflected in the letter.
- Then the system will generate the letter for your use.
- If you have any problems, please click the help tab in the EDAS system.
Authors need to indicate in EDAS that they are “presenters” in order to access the visa assistance letters.
Visa Assistance Letters (soft copy in PDF format) will be sent to all attendees who requested a letter during registration and have paid their fees in full. Those needing a hard copy of the letter must complete a ComSoc Visa Assistance Request (http://visa.comsoc.org/). Request for hard copy visa letter will be subject to a US $25 fee to cover the cost of courier delivery.
All Other Speakers and Attendees and authors requiring hard copy letters should follow the instructions at http://www.comsoc.org/node/add/visa-assistance-request